Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Window Pane is Done!!

Remember the window pane I bought at a yard sale for $4? 
Here it is before.
I was going to hang it in our hallway, but then changed my mind.

After...
It is hung in our entryway.

Nevermind the holes in the wall.
We had a shelf there and haven't filled the holes yet.

I originally hung the photos with colorful binder clips.
They left marks on the photos.
So I switched to these cute clothes pins from Walmart.
I also cute some flowers from our yard to hang.
Smells good when you come into my house!

One of my fave photos, our kids with some friends who moved.
Hi Anne!
I have more holes in the window for more eye screws and wire.
Oh the wire!  Funny story. 
There's on online yard sale site here. 
While I was looking, I saw someone selling picture wire for 50 cents.
Just what I need.  So I look at the person selling...
I know her.  I got it for free!
Anyway, I just drilled holes mix matched in each window slot.
I measured (I usually eyeball things) each one, except the first.
The first one is uneven, but it gives it character.
I will probably go back and add more later.

To top it off (or end it), I needed something to hang stuff, my purse, etc. 
I was going to drive to hob lob and look for something.
Instead I drove to this Junk Store (I WILL go back there on a regular basis.)
This was outside and calling my name...LOUD!!
(I think it was $5.)
I got it not knowing just where to put it. 
It fits perfect under the window.
I didn't do anything to it!
After doing all of this, I painted it flat white.  Then used Valspar Porcelain Crackle Glaze and finished it off with Valspar Antiquing Glaze.  I have lots left, so I see more projects coming! 
One thing I learned with the Crackle Glaze (which really didn't show up too much.)  Is to paint it on real even next time.  The antiquing glaze shows off just how your strokes were.

I finished a couple more projects.
I will post those tomorrow (or Friday).
I need you to keep coming back!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Looks fantastic, what a creative idea, love it!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [22 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Christy said...

Oh my! LOVE this idea! I've been hunting down windows for awhile now, and now I want to get in my car and MAKE this mirror hunt productive so I can do this!! I'm so glad you shared!

terra @ willowsgrace.blogspot.com said...

LOVE YOUR IDEAS! gOING TO TRY IF i CAN FIGURE OUT THE HOLE AND WIRE THING. i MIGHT JUST HOT GLUE TWINE ACROSS THE BACK. i DO THAT ON MY MEMO BOARDS WITH CLOTHESPINS. lOVE THE WIRE THOUGH.
TERRA @WILLOWSGRACE.BLOGSPOT.COM