Monday, October 29, 2012

2012 Down Syndrome Buddy Walk

This past Sat. My mom, step-dad, hubby, son and I went to Las Cruces for the annual Buddy Walk.  I had missed last years and so wanted to go to this one.
We got side tracked with traffic and had to drive around in a few circles before we got parked.  We got there and signed up just in time. 



Little did we know we were in the parade!



It was slow moving so I had plenty of time to get a few photos in.
This is the best shot I could get of our son.




There were a lot of people, a lot of young kids with Down syndrome.  I was prepared to see cute kids, but I didn't expect to get teary-eyed watching them.  The day when we get our little one can't come soon enough.

1 comment:

shelly said...

What a cool event to participate in! Amazing how quickly our hearts align with a cause---each step is molding you for this great gift your little one will be to your family! Praying many blessings over you all during this journey :)

(and we are on our 3 week move countdown! we'll have to meet up for coffee sometime :))