Friday, August 1, 2008

Amazing Grace

A friend sent me this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMF_24cQqT0
Please watch the video before you read the rest. Thanks!
(I tried to put the video here in my blog, but can't figure out how to do it. Sorry, you're going to have to go to the link.)
You know, this is one of me favorite songs. I was never a slave the way we think of it. But I was a slave to my sin. A slave to the confusion, the bitterness and the anger I had in my heart. At seventeen years of age I asked Jesus into my heart and He set me free from my sin. His blood bought me and paid the price for all that I 've done. Jesus saw me, a broken teenager, I didn't have much to offer, but he paid the price anyway. I had hated Him, called on Him then turned my back on Him many times. But His love for me bought me off of that slave box. I am set free. And still to this day even when I get used to this awesome life He gave me (I'm in my right mind, married, have kids, have joy, etc.) and start to complain, this song is a reminder ( a graceful kick in the butt) that I am still free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you need help learning how to embed videos, let me know.