Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mmmm Monday


Mmmm Monday on a Sat? No, I haven't mixed up my days. Robert is making these pancakes as I type and a friend wanted the recipe. I thought I'd post it here. Also, I don't know if I'll get to posting Monday since we start home school! Which I'm excited for.

Here you go!


Whole Wheat Pancakes


Serves 4 (about 8 pancakes)

3/4 c all-purpose flour

3/4 c whole wheat flour

1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

2 Tbls wheat germ (optional)

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 large eggs

1 1/4 c low-fat buttermilk

1/4 c milk

1 Tbls honey

2 Tbls butter, plus more as needed


*In medium bowl, whisk together both flours, the baking powder, baking soda, wheat germ and salt. Set aside.

*In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey and buttermilk. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just incorporated (the mixture may be somewhat lumpy).

*Heat a large skillet over medium heat with 1 Tbls butter.

*Pour the batter into the skillet, using 1/3 cup per pancake. Cook until the bottoms are golden brown and small bubbles pop on the top, 3 - 4 minutes.

*Flip and continue cooking until the other side is golden brown, another 2-3 min. Repeat with remaining batter, using additional butter as needed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet this would be REALLY good in a cast iron skillet!