Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Calling all Post Cards

We are studying US History right now and I thought it would be grand to have a post card from each state.
When the kids where very little and homeschooling was not a thought in our minds, we had a huge US map in their room.  I had hung some post cards with strings (yarn) to the coordinating state.  A big HOWEVER, we got rid of it.  I kick myself everytime I think about it.  Anyway, we have a new US map and would love to do the same thing, just more in depth.  I also got inspired by this blog post.

Here's where you come in:
I know I have readers from all over.
Would you be so kind to send a post card of your state and maybe a bit about it...population, industry, etc.
How awesome that will be!
If you are willing, please comment with your email (if I can't get to your blog) and I will email you my info.
Thanks a bunch!

We have:
New Mexico
Coming:
Tennessee (I believe.)
Washington (I think.)
Utah (thanks Mandi!)
Hawaii
Illinois
Mass, VT & NH
California

Also, just for kicks, I have a poll on the top right hand side.  :)

5 comments:

Holly said...

I would love to send you one! Littlebitoflifephotography@gmail.com

Oh and please come over to my blog! I am having a gveaway...send your friends too!:)

shelly said...

We'd love to send you a post card! (promise I wont send our beloved white sands one that's hanging from our map ;))

shelly said...

Have you seen this map http://www.creatingreallyawesomefreethings.com/2010/03/craft-31-license-plate-map.html ? I'd love to make one, but ugh, that's a lot of cutting metal!

Anonymous said...

I can send you one. :)

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

I'll send ya one! But I'll bet someone's already offered UT, huh?