Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sat. hubby and I are going here.
Sam's Club.
We had a membership a long time ago. 
We only went a few times a year. 
It didn't seem to work for us.

However, after talking to some ladies who are sam's go-ers, we are going to try it again.

I need your help though (so I don't look as unpleasant as the lady in the above photo.)
Do you go to Sam's or Costco or the like?
What are you tips?
What do you buy/not buy?
What do you do for storing it all?

I think I could be like a kid in the candy store and buy, buy, buy. 
Another concern, having two teenagers we are thinking we are going to have to "ration" the bulk items so they don't eat a huge bog of cereal in two weeks.

Again, any and all suggestions are welcome.  thanks!

5 comments:

Emilee said...

I live near a Costco and go quite often. My advice is to price check items before buying. I often write down the price @ Costco, and before buying check what the price is at the grocery store, or better the price I usually pay on sale. Some things are a great deal, others are more pricey. Also don't feel like you have to buy everything at one time--they let you come back ;)

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

We have a costco membership from the hubs job (otherwise we probably wouldn't have one), and we rarely go. I do love Sams and Costco though.

BUT I agree with Emilee- the term "wholesale" is a crock. I think many of their things are overpriced, and I'm all about a good deal. Having said that, some things are still worth it. :)

Holly said...

I would love to go but we dont have one close to us so I know we would end up not going often. Hope it works for ya! ;)

Pressed Petals said...

Thanks for the info ladies. I plan on keeping a list of prices.

Anne of Alamo said...

List, and stick to it!
the prices pretty much stay the same, clearance items are cool!! and chicken breasts are almost always 1.99 pound! :D
hot cheetos are the main buy and well, it used to be rock stars by the case, but now that will stop! thankfully! :D