We have been having unseasonably warm weather, which has put me in the mood to get my garden ready. I am on top of the curve this year. Well, as far as getting a head start on our gardening goes. Yesterday I bought some seeds and two seed starters.
I also bought some more peony plants! My favorite.
I checked out a couple of web sites for wonderful inspiration. CurbsideChaos.com and DigDropDone.com
• Looking at the simple beauty of flower bulbs on CurbsideChaos and DigDropDone makes me want to plant right now!
• There is also a contest! “Bulbs. Dig, Drop, Done.” - an educational effort designed to excite women about the surprisingly simple beauty of flower bulbs - is giving away a $5,000 yard makeover!
o All you need to do to enter is submit a photo of your yard at CurbsideChaos.com
• The lucky winner will not only receive a $5,000 yard makeover, but they will also receive a visit from Taniya Nayak (@TaniyaNayak on Twitter) – Taniya will go through and give you tips on the best way to update your yard! She will give you creative ideas for incorporating flower bulbs into your landscape.
• For every share on Twitter, "Bulbs. Dig, Drop, Done." will donate $1.00 to Rebuilding Together - the nation’s leading nonprofit, working to preserve affordable homeownership and revitalize communities.
• Be sure to try out the Garden Guru Tool located in the bottom left of the screen. This tool will help you figure out which bulb is perfect for your home depending upon where you live!
o Be sure to let you readers know how to use the tool:
Step 1 – Pick your Country
Step 2 – Pick your location within that Country
Step 3 – Choose the type of bulb you want to grow
Step 4 – Check out the Planting Guide that shows you how to plant your bulbs.
Here's what I came up with:
• I am sure you know that bulbs aren’t just for gardeners! Bulbs are extremely simple plants that can be used in a surprising number of ways. I remember one winter my sister-in-law gave me a small bowl with some bulbs. It was my first time ever getting anything like that. Boy, did I love it.
• Wouldn't they make great gifts? Hmm...I need to take my own advice.
http://www.digdropdone.com/ is a fun site with three funny ladies. I most relate to Marcy...while I am not over supermom, they are one of my main focuses. Who do you relate to?