Thursday, January 10, 2013

Let's Talk - Time Management

Can someone say "Ouch!"
Time management is something that I haven't necessarily struggled with, but haven't mastered either.
Take this morning.  I slept in a bit longer than normal, watched a few funny YouTube videos with the kids and maybe checked my email one too many times.  (This adoption process has me chained to my email.)
Now I did workout, do my devotions, showered, ran errands and sit a bit and talk to the kids all before noon.
While I am a stay-@-home mom and can "make my own" schedule, I really am aware of those time thieves that seem so innocent until you look at the clock and realize you still have a full to-do list.
Nothing gets me stressed like running behind (well, ok there are a few things other things), so I have to be diligent with how I spend my time.
Here are a few of the things that steal my time:
*the internet, can we say FB, email, blogs...are really the biggest thieves.

When we had dial up or even before we had internet (we were late bloomers), I would get all of my stuff done in the morning, have time to go to the park, library, etc. with the kids, read a book, have ladies over, etc.  Now so much of our lives are ran by the internet, you almost can't avoid it.  Don't worry I am not giving up all of my web life. 

The main thing that keeps me on track is making a list of what I need to do that day and erase it when it is finished.  With the kids here it is easier to get distracted more often, and believe me, I do that well enough on my own.  So, having a visual list helps.

What are your biggest time wasters?  What helps you to stay focused?

No comments: