Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

First, I want to say thank you all who comment.  They really help me from feeling I'm writing to the walls!

There is really SO much to write about lately.  However, since it's the end of the year, almost, yikes!  Since the sermon last night in revival was about "Why Me?/I'm Still Standing".  Since every sermon so far in the revival could have been just for me.  I figured I needed to write a bit about standing.

2010 has been a year of health issues for us.  I kid you not Dec. 31st 2009 ended with son stepping on a rusty nail and it has been almost non-stop since.  I will spare you all of the problems, I don't want to loose any readers.  However, I will mention some: scoliosis, three weeks food poisoning/flu(?), weird sickness the docs didn't even know what hubby had, LOTS of things going on with me, LOTS of blood work, x-rays, mention of three different kinds of cancer, meds and more meds, rashes, son is having surgery this Friday for two hernias, and so on.  For the most part we are all good.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous.  But the Lord delivers them out of them all
Psalms 34 : 19  (Hope this doesn't make it sound like I think I am all righteous.  This scripture just really helps me.)

This year my faith has been tested, tried and ran over the coals.  I have really learned that with faith comes a fight.  I have found myself embracing God's word like never before.  There have been times reading the Bib;e or in a sermon I find myself telling God, "I think I am getting it."

Bless the Lord, O my soul and forget not all His benefits, who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases.  Psalms 103 : 2,3

In January my dad was in the hospital with blood clots, two of my grandparents almost died, one was on her death bed.  They are all here today!  Praise God!

Some times it's everything breaking in the house and the cars.  2009 seemed that way. 

Whatever the problem/s, crisis, God has ALWAYS brought us through.  I know it in my heart, I can open the book in my mind to all of the times when the situation seemed hopeless, but God ALWAYS brought us through.

You have been grieved by various trails, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ.  1 Peter 1 : 6,7

There is only one reason that I am still standing and having joy is through the grace of God.  That may sound cliche, but oh so true after this year.  God has done SO much for me, I could really write for a few days.
(I need to be able to write like Patti here.)  I know some of you know God as I do.  I know that some of you don't and some don't want to.  (I also know that some of you may stop reading here if you haven't already.)  I have to tell you that without God in my life I would not be who I am today.  God has healed more then my body.  When I gave my life to Jesus at 17 I was a broken girl.  I wasn't a "bad" girl, but very hurt, confused and lonely girl.  I had been raised in a sort of christain home.  Yet it was a dysfunctional home many times.  God touched my life growing up and when I was 17 I knew I needed God.  I had hardened my heart toward Him so much that I wasn't sure if He would come in.  He took so much of the hurt away, gave me a purpose in my life.  And in the many years since He has done more for me than I could have imagined.  And during this year of sickness I have longed for Heaven more than ever before.  It has become real to me.  This has been on my heart for some time.  Jesus is coming back one of these days to take His children home.  I know it's going to be soon.  (Golly, I can't wait!!)  But I want as many of you to come with me as possible.  I know that it's hard to persuade someone to give their life to Jesus on a blog, but if you're lonely, empty, anxious, or you realize you have sin in your life that's bugging you, Jesus will take it all away and give you a new life.  Just ask Him in and see how good He is.

I don't know an easy way to end this post, but I know that I am ready for 2010 to end and to see what God is going to do in 2011!

2 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Great, GREAT post! I love it. I guess I've been thinking a lot:

Christianity is seen as a bad thing so much lately-- and I just find it so frustrating. Yes, some people who clame to be Christian do bad things in the name of "Christianity". Some of us our hypocrites. But Christianity is about Jesus. It's following His life and His example. How can anyone truly read about Him and not understand that?

That was off topic, huh? Sorry.

I liked your post. :)

Pressed Petals said...

Thanks Mandi. While I am not ashamed of God and who He is to me, when no one comments...well, I do love comments. heehee

I think that a lot of the time "Christianity" is wore as a label or a banner to cover a lot of things, but to really live it is another thing altogether.

Again thanks!