Sunday, December 18, 2011
around the house
1. Pretty ornament...I LOVE these type of ornaments.
2. One of the kid's ornaments. In our family our dad's parents and our parents would always get/make us an ornament each year. when we moved out we had a treeful. My dad's parents and my mom (and sometimes we) have kept it up. I rarely put any of mine on.
3. One of our former tree's stumps.
4. One year our son, maybe more then one year, loved nutcrackers. He still puts them up on the mantel every year. He usually decorates the mantel.
5. Stockings, oh the stockings. My mom's mom made ALL of her grandchildren stockings. I am the second oldest and got the same pattern as a couple of my aunts. My name is actually too long so she shortened it. My mom has made her grandkids stockings.
6. Just another pretty ornament, these are hanging from our fan/light.
And just because, here's a free recipe for you.
Guamanian BBQ Sauce
2 cups soy sauce
1 cup white vinegar
1 lg onion, squeeze juice in
2 lemons quarted, squeeze juice in
1 cup ketchup
1/2-1 cup water (cuts saltiness)
meat, any kind (large enough to grill) *awesome for game*
mix wet ingredients. if you'd like cut up extra onion for onion rings. marinade, then grill.