Thursday, July 24, 2008

Have to start somewhere


I forgot to tell you that I am still doing the FlyLady thing. I am not totally up and flying, but I am fluttering and it is helping. Also, some of you may know that I have never been a runner. If someone tried to get me, they probably would! Anyway, I have wanted to take up running for a good while now. So I have started out small, very small. I run maybe 1/2 a mile in our neighborhood. It is usually the first thing I do each morning. It's almost better then coffee as far as a wake up goes. It only takes me five minutes. But I already feel a difference. My lungs always hurt me bad when I've tried to run before, my knees aren't the greatest. Now my lungs are much better, my knees don't hurt that much. I can't wait to add more to my run, but I want to get this down first, so I don't get discouraged. I have been riding my bike at least three evenings a week for a 2.5 mile rectangle. Will be adding length to that here soon.


So whatever your goals are, do them, start somewhere!

No comments: