Thursday, July 10, 2008

Theory Thursday


Okay, Theory Thursday time!! This is about books, music, thoughts, politics, etc. Today I am going to talk about one more thing my dear friend Anne helped me with. Studing your Bible. For me I try and try to remember verses, the content that I read but have a hard time remembering it. This has really helped me. Okay, I'll just show you what I mean.


Say you're in Psalms (start wherever you are), get yourself a small notebook, one you can carry around easily. You're going to read a chapter then pick three/four words that summarizes the chapter.


Here:

Psalms 68 - Let God arise

Psalms 69 - Vinegar to drink (I know this talks about the Crucifixion)

Psalms 73 - Then I understood their end (talking about life being unfair and sinner prospering)

From Psalms 73-83 I made a note as to who the author was.

When I got to Psalms 119, I wrote three/four words for each of the Hebrew alphabets.

Example:

Psalms 119 Aleph - Seek w/ whole heart

Psalms 119 Beth - won't forget your word


and so on. I also use index cards for writing down verses that I want or need to remember.


I hope this has helped!

1 comment:

Anne of Alamo said...

aw Christine,
great theory!
I just finished 1 Samuel, tomorrow, back to NT, Ephesians!
I love my little book and it does help!!!
The word of God deep in your heart, brain and soul and it will flow right into your witness