Thursday, July 24, 2008

Theory Thursday


Welcome to Theory Thursday where I share with you what books I'm reading, thoughts I have, homeschool info, etc.


Today, I wanted to tell you about the books I am currently reading. The first one is by Barbara Johnson, aka the Geranium Lady, called He's Gonna Toot and I'm Gonna Scoot. It's a real, yet light hearted book about looking forward to Jesus's return. Waiting for Gabriel's Horn! Barbara is one of my favorite authors. She quotes songs/hymns, jokes, stories, etc. Here's a small sample of her book: "He is our comfort today as well as our hope for tomorrow. 'This is a strange journey we walk,' one friend wrote me, 'full of peaks and valleys. but since God is in both places, we walk unafraid.'" I found this gem at my favorite thrift store.


Second, I am reading two books about Johnny Cash. I know, I am not a fan of his, but when we were in Carlsbad R & I watched part of "Walk the Line" on one of those shows that show you a snip-it and then talk about it. Anyway, it got me interested. So, the two books are I Walked the Line by Vivian Cash, Johnny first wife. Cash by the editors of Rolling Stone. I just checked these two out at the library yesterday afternoon so I haven't done much more than look at the photos.
Have a nice day!

2 comments:

Anne of Alamo said...

i love johnnie cash!!
my mom said he is the only person she knows that can talk off-key!
ha ha
running? oh Wowza!
life has been a bit hectic, down with summer cold..
am gonna try and update tonite!
love your blog!
miss you like.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. Did you see that I put your chili recipe in? The kids & Robert love it! Have a great day!